Installation Manager Signalling
Civil Engineering recruitment continues apace as a major global rail systems and engineering firm is looking for an energetic, forward thinking Installation Manager Signalling to join their team in Hong Kong and deliver multiple signalling projects with dedication to sustainable and smart mobility in the field of design, engineering, installation and test & commissioning.
You will be stationed in the client's HQ in Kowloon, Hong Kong.
The Installation Manager Signalling shall lead by example and take ownership for the successful delivery of all installation activities on the project. Effectively managing resources; people, time, plant, materials and subcontractors to achieve higher productivity.
Effectively communicate task requirements to staff, motivating staff, including sub-contractors, empowering all team members to achieve their plan and growth targets. He/she will liaise professionally with internal project staff and the clients’ representatives at as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager Signalling and may be responsible for installation staff and contractors. The incumbent:
- Pro-actively manages internal interfaces within Project: Projects Engineering, Industrial, Supply Chain, Test and Commissioning, Sourcing and external technical interfaces: Partners, Third Parties and Customers
- Prepares and manages Installation; Installation work, Work permit, Interface with Warehouse, including Installation supplier and Subcontractor and Installer
- Organises the Installation work and Manages Installation Work Package.
- Work Package review with PM to control, analyses and evaluates costs and resources evolution, deviations, material, schedule, Risk identification and mitigation plan for Installation activities.
- Leads, manages, organizes and plans the installation activities with Alstom Installation Team and/or Subcontractors. Takeover of building or workplace report including punch list of remaining works to be done.
- Plans and schedules Installation activities as per handover from installation to Testing and Commissioning Plan.
- Scope and review subcontract installation packages of works
- Deliver the project programme to time, quality and resource plan
- Delivery of the project to forecasted costs, regular reporting and detailed cost control measures
- Liaise with the customer on the project building successful delivery relationships
- Safety Leadership; to lead by example in project site safety
- Support of Project and company Health, Safety, Environmental requirements.
- Carry out site audits/inspections
- Ensure completion of handover documentation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of MTR contract execution
- Knowledge and experience of Railway Signalling operations
- Established track record in delivery of major signalling project from tender to commissioning.
- Management and leadership of staff on projects
- Understanding of planning process
- Knowledge of HSE requirements
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective Work package management
- Robust deliverable plan
- Achievement against project programme and cost
- Utilisation of company and installation management procedures
- Reduced injury/accidents
- Performance Reviews
- Improved process/quality
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree from Electrical or Electronics Engineering School
Employing Company Overview and Profile
International construction jobs don't get than this! Our client is major global rail systems engineering and infrastructure business which has contributed positively to the urban transport system development in Hong Kong for the past 40 years is seeking to strengthen its team with a high calibre Installation Manager Signalling.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary, package and benefits