Lead Commercial Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to join a reputable contractor working on a large scale construction project in Hong Kong.
An experienced Commercial Manager is needed to join an major construction project in Hong Kong. You will be responsible for all commercial matters whilst overseeing a team of Quantity Surveying staff.
Large scale civil engineering project
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading a commercial team on a major project in Hong Kong to completion on site and to final account & claims.
- Manage and check all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position
- Check contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement being written by others in the commercial team on site.
- Supervise the pricing of major variations and extra works & follow through to the receipt of payment - Prepare full commercial reports for presentation to company directors in person
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Able to collate and prepare claims as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable candidates will have extensive experience in a Commercial Management position with a major international building or civil engineering contractor.
- Experience of working in the Hong Kong construction industry for a contracting company is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Membership of an internationally recognised professional institute such as the HKIS or RICS.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major international building & civil engineering contractor with a great reputation for delivering major projects in Asia. Excellent salary package available for the right candidate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary and allowances
- Yearly bonus scheme
- Full medical coverage