Lead Senior Project Manager
Our client, a major educational operator, is looking to appoint a dynamic and self starting Senior Project Manager to drive the delivery of several major capital projects throughout Hong Kong.
Senior Project Manager will be responsible for day to day management and successful delivery of the project(s) on time, within budget and with quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Initial and ongoing consultation / provision of technical advices to end users and development of project brief documents clearly articulating the key objectives and scope of works for the projects.
• Assist in preparation of project budget estimates and ongoing cost control with a view to maximise value for money.
• Internal co-ordination on matters such as education, human resources, finance, communication and admission to ensure project deliverables and key milestones are achieved.
• Appoint and ongoing day to day management of consultants throughout design, tendering, construction and completion stages of the project life-cycle.
• Facilitate coordination and liaison between project stakeholders such as project consultants, schools / end users and government authorities where appropriate throughout the project.
• Planning, scheduling, monitoring and controlling the project processes to achieve budget, time and quality objectives in accordance with Client standards and applicable statutory requirements.
• Build effective working relationship with the HKSAR Government on matters of possible funding, statutory requirements and other matters associated with the projects.
• Act as the Client on-site representative throughout the construction stage to final handover stage for day to day management, coordination and monitoring on the quality of services and products provided by different consultants and contractors.
• Meet with end users and consultants on a regular basis to discuss status of the projects, determine end-user satisfaction and respond proactively to any problems and concerns.
• Prepare regular project status reports and presentations as requested.
• Assist in assessment and recommendation of progress payments to consultants and/or contractors.
• Maintaining complete set of on-site records for effective cost control and final account purposes.
• Contribute, as a member of the Facilities Development Department, to the strategic development of the Department and to building constructive and collaborative relationships with colleagues, School Councils, Principals and other stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Result-oriented and excellent communication skills.
• Multinational corporate exposure an advantage.
• Able to coordinate project team and consultants to produce project / construction documents, and to manage the procurement and construction processes.
• Able to prepare and maintain project schedule and report project progress accurately throughout all project phases.
• Candidate with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Project Manager.
• Application of project management techniques
• Ability to follow established standards
• Ability to manage crisis and recommend emergency plan
• Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage consultants and construction contractors.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Applies good understanding of HKSAR building codes and standards.
• Applies good knowledge of construction practice and safety rules.
• Applies good understanding of building contract administration.
• Applies good planning and management skills.
• Competency in project planning software, such as Primavera or MS Project.
• Degree in architectural study, surveying, building services engineering, interior design, building construction, etc. or relevant technical subjects.
• Minimum 10 years relevant post graduate experience.
• Professional qualification of relevant discipline is preferable.
• Fluency in oral, written English and Cantonese.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client currently operates five secondary schools, nine primary schools and a school for students with special educational needs across Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories. Two all-through Private Independent Schools and five kindergartens are also operated, along with a service which also offers English language classes and sports activities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Competitive salary package.