Managing Consultant Delay AnalystRef MAX9111 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary Circa £65k - £85k + Bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 10/03/2021 Status Live
Our client is a bespoke, London based claims and disputes consultancy searching for a Managing Consultant level Delay Analyst to join their growing team.
This role would suit experienced delay analysts that have acted in a specialist delay orientated claims and disputes role for a number of years. This could be an in-house role for a traditional contractor or consultancy or for a similar specialist consultancy.
You would be operating at a senior level with the ability to seamlessly slot into this organisation and manage multiple commissions autonomously. You will ideally have had significant exposure to delay related claims work and ideally have had some exposure to formal disputes such as adjudications, arbitrations or litigations.
The hiring company offers a range of specialist consultancy services to its clients who are experiencing problems in their projects and do not have the in-house expertise to resolve them favourably.
Services can include:
- Advisory services in relation to dispute avoidance and dispute resolution
- Preparation of claims
- Negotiation and settlement of claims and disputes
- Support and representation in mediation and adjudication
- Expert Witness and advisory services for arbitration and litigation
Due to the nature of the services this employer offers, candidates will gain exposure to a unique issues on a wide range of projects varying across all sectors of the construction industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
A snapshot of your duties and responsibilities within this role include:
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of prospective and retrospective delay analyses across a wide variety of construction and engineering projects. This will include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programmes and reports.
- Preparing programmes for new construction projects and the monitoring and resequencing of existing programmes to ensure live works are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The preparation of written reports for use in negotiation, as well as formal dispute resolution processes such as mediation, adjudication and litigation; prepared as either advocate or assistant to an independent expert.
- Preparation or defence of extension of time claims on behalf of employers, main contractors and sub-contractors.
- Working independently or with client teams to carry out ‘live’ planning assistance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ability to manage claims and disputes commissions with clients autonomously.
- Must have prior experience of using at least one (ideally a combination) of the following planning software’s on a regular basis (Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject or Microsoft Project).
- A strong understanding of contract and law within the construction industry, with a particular understanding of matters relating to planning and delay.
- Have a good working knowledge of standard forms of contract. Most importantly JCT or NEC.
- Strong written skills are imperative to succeed in this role and candidates will ideally be able to demonstrate a high level of ability in this area.
- Strong client facing and presentation skills are also essential.
- Adaptable and hungry to continue learning. For example, learning new varieties of contract, analysis techniques and claims and dispute related trends.
- The ability to work on multiple commissions concurrently.
- A high level of knowledge of construction techniques.
- A relevant construction degree.
- Studying towards or achieved a higher qualification in construction law or similar equivalent is desired.
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as CIArb, MCIOB or similar equivalents could be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a London based, bespoke claims and disputes consultancy with circa 25 staff. They are a well-established, growing business with an expert team of staff which includes accredited mediators, qualified adjudicators and practicing expert witnesses.
They have a strong network within the legal profession and are regularly approached by the lawyers and solicitors of domestic and international construction companies to provide support and guidance on problem projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic salary in the region of £65k - £85k depending on experience at this level
- Delay Analyst Central London - £55k - £75k (DOE)
- Manager - Delay Analyst Central Manchester - £65k - £80k (DOE)
- Associate Director Delay Analyst Central London - £80k - £120K (DOE) + Annual Bonus
- Managing Consultant Delay Analyst Central London - £65k - £90k (DOE) + Bonus
- Consultant Delay Analyst Central London - £40k - £60k (DOE) + Annual Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend