Managing EstimatorRef MAX8746 Job Posted 06/09/2019 Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon Salary upto HK$100K / m Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A Managing estimator role with responsibility for leading and developing professionally a team of estimators within the company. This is a great opportunity for a Managing Estimator to showcase their skills within an international and highly reputable contracting organisation.
Reporting to the Pre Contracts Manager, the Managing Estimator will be responsible for managing an ever growing estimating portfolio Specifically, to deliver properly organized estimates, budgets, and schedules and ensure the necessary systems and procedures are in place and implemented to manage the company’s risk.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accurately interpret and comprehend RFP documents, drawings and specifications
- Present all aspects of the project scope, staging, timing, constraints, risks, and potential cost saving opportunities and alternatives to bid teams and management
- Provide value engineering, review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering, quality, or availability of materials
- Lead the estimate close-out process, including tender reviews and sub-proposal reviews and analysis
- Chair meetings
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions
- Oversee the analysis of data and information
- Perform and/or direct quantity take-offs from tender drawings
- Consistently and insightfully formulate all tender costs—labour, material, equipment, and procure subcontractor scope and costs—for quotation submission
- Lead the successful transition and handover of estimating documents to the project execution teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- estimating multi-discipline rail projects
- Major Project estimating, including Design-Build
- working on complex JV projects
- supervisory experience managing estimators on major projects
- reading and understanding construction drawings and documents
- Broad knowledge of scheduling and general requirements of construction projects
- Knowledge of construction costs
- Strong teaming and communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player who is organised and flexible
- Excellent presentation skills
- Computer literate – working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading Hong Kong main contractor with experience of delivering landmark projects in civil engineering, building and E&M disciplines. The successful candidate will benefit from long term career opportunities with excellent exposure to major civil and building projects in Hong Kong and throughout the region.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend