Managing Quantity Surveyor - Interiors
Managing Quantity Surveyor - Interiors Summary
A Managing Quantity Surveyor is required to work within the Interiors Division for one of the largest main contractors in the UAE. The company is a British employer with an excellent reputation of delivering projects in the Middle East region.
There are clear growth plans for this division and for the successful candidate there is a natural path to the role of Commercial Manager for the division as the business grows.
The Interiors Division is a 200m AED+ business and is capable of delivering high end fit-out work as both a main contractor or sub-contractor.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report operationally to the Divisional Manager and functionally to the Commercial Manager for Specialist Divisions (including Interiors). You will be responsible for developing the business via identifying and winning new work, as well as managing the project delivery.
Specific Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Head up a team of QS’s working on various projects
- Cost control
- Contract Administration
- Dealing with claims & disputes
- Procurement of sub-contractors and major materials
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A strong contracting background; ideally with a combination of construction & fit-out experience
- Experience of managing teams of surveyors is essential; this could be on larger projects with a large commercial team, or overseeing teams of QS's on multiple projects
- Previous Middle Eastern experience is strongly desired by the client
- Previous Business Development experience would be an advantage
- Candidates must have strong contractual knowledge to identify claims and submit them accordingly
- Degree qualification or similar equivalent in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading UK based main contractor with a long established presence in the Middle East region. The Interiors Division turns over circa 200m AED pa at present and there are clear plans to grow this division offering and exciting position full of challenges for the chosen candidate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Basic Salary of 32k - 35k p/m + Accommodation + Car + Pension + Flights + Private Medical