Managing Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8616 Job Posted 05/06/2019 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Birmingham, West Midlands Salary Circa £50k - £60k + benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A market leading UK and global construction consultancy have an exciting Managing Quantity Surveyor role based in their Birmingham office. This is an exciting role for an accomplished Managing QS who can make a meaningful impact on a market leading, global consultancy with fantastic career opportunities. The successful candidate will work out of one of the businesses largest UK offices which is based in Birmingham and dealing with working in the infrastructure and rail sectors.
The hiring company are working largely in the infrastructure and rail sectors in the Midlands area and this includes HS2 related work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as the lead for commercial services multi-disciplinary teams and reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project within our portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining our reputation through developing business opportunities.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to our clients, acting as primary interface to help build client confidence.
- You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administration of project accounts and the management of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services and resource requirements.
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in at least two of the following: preparing tender and contract documentation, preparing estimates for rail infrastructure works, post-contract administration
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management
- Experience of managing project commercial teams and supporting other colleagues.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key commercial issues relating to works delivered in a railway environment
- Experience in highways would also be beneficial.
- Understanding of standard forms of contract, particularly NEC
- Strong IT skills
- Candidates should be educated to Degree level or a similar equivalent
- Candidates should ideally be a full member (or very close to) of the RICS or a similar equivalent professional body
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are market leading global consultancy typically working with blue chip clients in the infrastructure and rail sectors in the Midlands. They can offer suitable candidates the opportunity to work on a range of complex projects with fantastic career opportunities to progress within the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £50k - £60k
+ Flexible benefits package
- Senior Project Manager Cardiff, Wales - Neg. (DOE)
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Civils Kowloon, Hong Kong - HK$45,000 - HK$60,000 p/m
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Montenegro - Circa €75k - €85k all in
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Abingdon, Oxfordshire - £55k - £65k (DOE)
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £45k - £65k + Car Allowance + Pension
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend