Managing Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Managing Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Kowloon
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Main Contractor in Hong Kong. You will be site based working on a large scale building project. You will report to the Commercial Manager and will have responsibility for managing the site based Quantity Surveying staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strong contractual and commercial knowledge.
- Ability to negotiate to a high level in order to avoid client confrontation and undesirable claim situations.
- Manage and check all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including project forecasting.
- Supervise project cash flow and supervision of the submission of interim applications for payment.
- Draft appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement.
- Supervise the pricing of major variations and extra works.
- Prepare commercial reports.
- Manage the on site team of Quantity Surveyors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a Senior QS or Managing QS role with staff management responsibilities
- Main contracting site based experience
- Large scale project experience is an advantage
- Strong work ethic
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese and English
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional chartered membership such as MRICS and MHKIS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading Hong Kong based contractor with fast growing building and civil engineering divisions. Long term employment and career development opportunities are available for selected candidates. Competitive salary and company benefits. Full details will be disclosed to short-listed candidates.