Managing Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Able to demonstrate a strong contract knowledge, be able to interpret and plan how to administer and respond to potential and live situations.
- Able to show experience of, and demonstrate, good contract drafting skills and all round contracting quantity surveying ability.
- Ability to negotiate to a high level in order to avoid client confrontation and undesirable claim situations.
- Can manage and check all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Can oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
- To supervise project cash flow and supervision of the submission of interim applications for payment.
- Able to draft appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement.
- Be able to supervise the pricing of major variations and extra works.
- Prepare commercial reports.
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project Commercial Manager
- Ability to be able to help build a claims narrative and be positioning the company for a major claim submission in the event that variations and entitlements are not accepted by the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to demonstrate a strong contract administration knowledge
- Able to show experience of & demonstrate good contract drafting skills
- Good contract drafting skills & all round contracting quantity surveying ability
- Experience of managing and checking all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Experienced in managing project cash flow and the supervision of the submission of interim applications for payment.
- Experienced in drafting appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement etc.
- Experienced in the pricing of major variations and extra works of build projects.
- Experienced in a wide range of build projects, including commercial, residential, retail & hotel developments
- Cantonese speaking candidates are strongly desirable for this role as fluency in written and spoken Cantonese language is essential
- It is essential that applicants have a relevant professional qualification (BSc Quantity Surveying, MRICS, MInst CES, HKIS etc. or equivalent).
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This leading Hong Kong based contractor has fast growing building and civil engineering divisions and is keen to employ high calibre quantity surveying and commercial staff.
Full details will be given to shortlisted applicants.