Managing Quantum ConsultantRef MAX9024 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region London Location Central London Salary £70k - £90k + up to 30% annual bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 19/10/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
A Managing Quantum Consultant in the field of construction disputes is required to take up this role within a global advisory consultancy, based out of London.
This is a truly exciting role for a candidate with several years of experience assisting the lead expert in construction arbitration and litigation disputes. Ideally, you will have had significant exposure to working on all aspects of construction disputes, from carrying out quantum analysis to heavily contributing to the writing of expert reports.
In addition to this, you will have had experience in a managerial role and the ability to mentor and develop junior quantum analysts within a small team.
You will work within the construction disputes division of the large multinational advisory consultancy. You will be an integral part of linking the Partners within the business to the junior analysts.
Assignments will typically relate to construction disputes, which are preparing for arbitration or litigation. Such disputes can relate to projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering sectors.
As the wider business provides a diverse range of advisory services to its clients, you may be asked to contribute your construction and quantum expertise to assignments outside of construction from time to time.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will take up an integral role within this business and act as a link between the Partners and the quantum analysts within the business.
You will be responsible for managing quantum related disputes from end to end, including the co-ordination of large volumes of data and the writing of large sections of the expert report. You will also be required carry out the day-to-day management, delegation of work and development of a small team of quantum analysts and consultants based out of the London office.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have considerable experience of working within a management role with a reputable expert witness consultancy
- Must have the ability to manage a dispute from end to end, i.e. taking the dispute from the client, setting it up, managing the process throughout and writing large sections of the expert report.
- Candidates will ideally be known to some key contacts within the construction legal sector and have aspirations to grow this network
- Candidates should have had a successful background in a QS or similar role within construction prior to moving into disputes and have maintained their core technical skills to carry out this role
- Previous experience of managing and developing junior staff is essential
- Candidates should have incredibility high integrity and the ability to act in an impartial manner
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- A positive attitude to work and the hunger to come into the business, make a positive impact and strive to drive the business forward and meet targets
- Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Higher qualification relating to construction disputes – i.e. MSc / LLM in construction Law is desirable, but is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a globally established consultancy offering a range of advisory services to clients in many industries, including financial services and construction amongst others.
The business has offices throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. They are widely regarded as one of the leading providers of quantum and delay expert witness services in London.
They have a strong international feel within the business and look particularly favourably on candidates who can write and speak in additional languages to English (however, this is not essential).
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £70k - £90k basic salary
+ Excellent performance related bonus scheme (up to 30% of annual salary)
- Senior Quantum Consultant Dubai, UAE - 35k – 42k AED p/m all in + Bonus
- Quantum Managing Consultant Central London - Circa £70k - £90k + Bonus + Benefits
- Senior Quantum Consultant Romford, East London - £50k - £70k + package
- Senior Quantum Consultant Watford, Hertfordshire - £50k - £70k + package
- Senior Quantum Consultant Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire - £40k - £60k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend