Market Intelligence Manager - Magnetite
Summary of Market Intelligence Manager - Magnetite Job Vacancy - Hong Kong Island
Come & experience collaborating with an innovative group of employees!
A unique opportunity has arisen for an intelligent, solutions orientated intelligence gatherer to join a close-knit, highly dynamic global sales team and play a pivotal role in the development of business growth and success across Pan Asia and the Middle East.
Responsibilities and Duties
Based in Hong Kong and reporting to the Managing Director (Asia), the Market Intelligence Manager will work closely with the regional and global technical sales team.
Using a combination of industry experience, research skills, business savvy, attention to detail and an entrepreneurial spirit you will gather “business intelligence” related to:
- Market activity, industry and application information
- Potential new customers and customer’s customers
- Competitor news & developments
- Competitor materials
- New major projects particularly within the “offshore industry”
- Global transport logistics including country legislation & port/harbour information
- Analysing published data and statistics including Customs statistics
You will utilize processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment
You will monitor market activity, penetration and competitive wins or losses against key competitors
You will engage with a variety of outside vendors / partners and interact with industry contacts through overseas site visits.
You will develop and adhere to timelines to run and execute multiple project components efficiently and effectively
You will communicate understanding and insights clearly to internal and external stakeholders through written reports and live presentations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Process and achievement orientated; solutions focussed “intelligence gatherer” first and foremost!
- A healthy mix of detail orientation and big picture / strategic thinking
- Collaborative, positive attitude with desire to work in a demanding, fast pace6d, and dynamic work environment for a rapidly growing business
- Industry literate & business savvy
- Exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented, quality focused and effective at multi-tasking in a dynamic environment.
- Proactive problem solving skills and a willingness to ‘figure it out’
- Self-driven requiring minimal supervision
- Passionate and demonstrates ownership and commitment to their work
- Well-developed communication, presentation and influencing skills across multi-cultural environments
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and / or Korean preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a high-tech international minerals group, a world leading producer of processed iron ore products for a range of industrial applications, and a growing supplier of mineral products for other industrial sectors. They are part of the largest and oldest iron ore mining company in Europe.
Overview of the Company and Culture:
Modern life would be impossible without minerals. Our client mine, process and manufacture minerals for every conceivable application. They customise quality minerals for use in the development of industrial applications. They serve customers worldwide via a network of companies across Europe, the USA and Asia.
For the civil engineering and construction industry, our client works closely with their parent company where many innovative solutions have been developed over the years like the use of magnetite for high density concrete and radiation shielding.
They offer an employee-centric culture, where free flow of communication, ideas and innovative thinking is encouraged throughout the organizational structure. All ideas can be expressed and will be received in a positive and respectful manner. Each employee is valued and considered critical to the organization’s success in delivering its shared vision and mission. Talent will be nurtured by giving each employee an opportunity to grow, learn, develop skills and pursue goals.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- An attractive salary package is available to the right candidate.