Mechanical Design Engineer
Exciting new opportunity in the construction sector overseas for anyone who wants to elevate their career in construction. Our client, an engineering services firm is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in either Hong Kong or Shenzhen.
You’ll be based in one of the client’s offices in either Hong Kong or Shenzhen working on design and development of their products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop innovative solutions to unique challenges.
- Design and build components and subassemblies from concept, prototyping through production.
- Analyse critical areas of design with use of appropriate analysis tools.
- Maintain effective communication with fellow engineers and other teams about product requirements, timelines, risks, and priorities.
- Participate in cross-functional design analysis and reviews.
- Identify and prioritize time-sensitive, requirement-critical design elements.
- Derive mechanical design requirements from high level product concept requirements, leading to better and more consistent design and a more robust manufacturing process for customers.
- Design, test and iterate quickly via design improvements, A/B testing, or ground-up redesigns.
- Work with vendors and contract manufacturing partners to communicate requirements and ensure part quality and function. Perform DFM and cost reduction for all ME components.
- Launch the development and qualification of mechanical tooling, including design debug and qualification.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong mechanical design fundamentals and understanding of technical concepts in hardware systems engineering.
- Familiarity with a broad range of manufacturing processes, mechanical design practices, engineering tools, and industrial equipment.
- High standards of excellence in mechanical design, with clean and efficient CAD design methodology and expertise in Solidworks, or similar CAD software.
- Ability to come up with elegant and effective solutions to satisfy complex requirements and business and customer needs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated learner who contributes to a culture of excellence and lifts performance of entire team.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including injection moulding, metal fabrication and secondary finishing process.
- Ability to work in product development team of engineers as well as an ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and creative, analytical and detail orientated work ethic.
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is an engineering and supply chain development consulting company aiming to provide their customers with smart, connected and highly cosmetic products. They deliver end-to-end hardware product development services to their clients and connect them with the right suppliers. They’re currently looking to expand their team and offer a great construction career path.