MEP Associate Director
Summary of MEP Associate Director Job Vacancy - Wan Chai (Hong Kong)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an energetic, highly motivated and technically rich MEP Associate Director to join a newly established dynamic team based in Hong Kong. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to be involved in land mark mixed use and complex projects including hotels, high rise towers and retail malls and be instrumental in growing the business regionally.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing a strategy and business plan for growth with a foundation based on technical excellence and rigor
- Establishing long lasting client relationships with high end developers
- Implementing the company's business management system including QA and HSE systems.
- Representing the company to an exemplary standard in client, supplier and subcontractor meetings & negotiations.
- Working within a new group of dynamic engineers and managers, and lead the buildings division, responsible and accountable for project delivery, work winning, financial management, people development and general management
- Ongoing development of careers and competencies within the division
- Monitoring and ensuring efficent project delivery, including timeliness, quality, risk management, project financial performance and scope management in line with company methodology
Desired Skills and Experience
- Culturally sensitive and very client focused
- Must have knowledge and experience of sustainable design.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with reputed architects during design development
- New Buildings design & execution focus
- Experience of dealing with HK property developers.
- Well established network of contacts in developers, architects, contractors and local design institutes
- Demonstrable experience in the design, engineering & delivery of complicated buildings e.g. sports stadia, rail stations, airport terminals, super high rise, hospitals, mixed use developments
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Achievement and action orientated; solutions focussed
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Cantonese
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services engineering
- Must be Chartered mechanical, electrical or building services engineer
Employing Company Overview and Profile
With headquarters in Europe, this is one of the world’s most admired Design & Engineering consultancies with an enviable track record of design & delivery of some of the world’s most challenging and iconic projects. This will be a great opportunity to join them!