MEP Construction ManagerRef MAX8323 Job Posted 16/01/2018 Region Malaysia & Indonesia Location West Java, Indonesia Salary Negotiable Salary Band £100,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
An international engineering & project management business is seeking to appoint a high calibre MEP Construction Manager to join their growing M&E team and play a pivotal role delivering a major pharmaceutical project in Indonesia.
You will be stationed in West Java, Indonesia on a major pharmaceutical project in Indonesia.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Communicate with Project Manager, consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
• Manage MEP site team: mentor, schedule team activities, recruitment and enhance performance of team members through all construction phases.
• Oversee quality control and health safety matters on site.
• Check and ensure the project brief, all design briefs, MEP drawings and specifications and all project relevant information are executed as per clients’ objectives.
• Contact with Suppliers of electrical, plumbing and fire safety materials/equipment for the most efficient & cost effective application and working methods.
• Follow up MEP progress, quality and safety, and take action to rectify any non-conformance.
• Supervise onsite MEP contractors.
• Overall MEP site management: highlight any issues with site management to the Project Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong knowledge of HVAC systems.
• Project experience: previous experience on pharmaceutical projects, clean-room and / or bio-contentment is required.
• Previous experience managing multicultural project teams in an expatriate environment.
• Ability to train and mentor others to develop further their skills in contractor management, safety, quality management, and site-based design management.
• Attention to detail, in respect to contractual requirements, design/site drawings, quality of MEP installation works and MEP standard methods.
• Knowledge of software used in project management including: Microsoft Project, Primavera, Team Binder, Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Fluent English in both written and spoken.
• Master Degree in engineering or equivalent: minimum 5 years of study.
• Major: Specialization in HVAC systems, Mechanical, Process or Chemical engineering.
• Minimum 10 years working in Construction projects.
• Management level: minimum of 5 years of experience managing MEP teams.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is an engineering and project management business providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and property industry throughout Asia.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been retained to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive Salary and benefits available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend