Summary of Operations Manager
A well regarded main contractor with operations throughout the Middle East is hiring a Operations Manager for various recently awarded infrastructure projects. The candidate will be a qualified civil engineer with vast experience in managing more than one project concurrently. Heavy Duty site experience is a must. Stationed in Qatar, this company has plenty of work in the region and offers excellent career growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will take charge of 3-4 projects reporting to the Executive Manager, with the Project Manager’s reporting to you.
- In charge and response for delivery responsibility with regards to time and budget.
- The candidate must possess good communication skills as this role will also involve a lot of client liaison.
- As head of projects, you will be expected to mentor and provide good leadership skills for the project managers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in infrastructure projects – including but not limited to highway, pipeline and bridges.
- Must have experience managing large multi million civils infrastructure projects.
- Middle Eastern experience is essential
- Arabic speaking is highly preferable for this role. Fluency in English is essential.
- The candidate will have a degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This main contractor has its head office in Abu Dhabi but has a global influence with operations in Africa, Asia and the Americas and has been heavily involved with Middle Eastern construction especially the road networks in the Gulf Region. A reliable employer with a steady workbook of projects.