Planning and Programming Manager
Summary of Planning and Programming Manager Job Vacancy - To Kwa Wan (Hong Kong)
Planners, be ready for this excellent career opportunity!
A leading Main Contractor, working as a joint venture, is looking for a Planning/Programming Manager to join a site based team working on a MTR project in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consults and advises the Project Manager on all issues concerning project controls, programme completion, key dates, milestones, resource requirements, productivity, delays and corrective actions.
- Prepares, monitors and updates the master programme and all associated programmes required by the contract; identifying critical path(s), key dates, milestones and resource requirements.
- Coordinates specialist subcontractor and supplier programmes with the master programme.
- Coordinates Designated and Interface Contract programme requirements with the master
- Devises effective combinations and sequences of work activities to achieve planned progress.
- Coordinates with Construction Managers to produce resourced programmes for sub-areas, subcontractors and for discrete elements of the works.
- Devises information collection system and tools to ensure correctness of information for progress monitoring and productivity analysis.
- Records, measures and analyses progress and corresponding productivity.
- When required, investigates and recommends resequencing of works, reallocation of resources or other corrective actions to mitigate delays to the works.
- Prepares progress
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have previous planning experience on construction projects.
- Familiar in the use of planning software such as Primavera 6 and MS Project.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Cantonese speaking skill will be an advantage.
- Immediately availability or short notice period is preferred.
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The joint venture is made up of two well known construction companies that have dominated internationally and also specifically within Hong Kong region. There is definite scope for career development and the chance to work for prestigious names in the construction indus.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Full details and package will be disclosed to successful applicants.