Planning EngineerRef MAX8614 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong Salary HK$60K- HK$100K Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 04/06/2019 Status Filled: Apply to be considered for other jobs like this
An international planning and programming consultancy is seeking a competent planner / scheduler to second into their client on a 4 month assignment (Jan - April). Further assignments may be available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Planning Manager regarding progress reports, status updates etc.
- Assess tender submissions, review programmes, supervise and monitor construction progress in accordance with the programming schedule.
- Perform analysis of work and develop further strategies that can potentially benefit the smooth running and efficiency of project.
- Identify delays, critical paths, areas of concern and propose corrective action to the planning and the section managers
- Working as part of production team, With dual role as independent assessor of progress, giving confidence in project status to senior management
- To maintain regular contact with Line Management and, where appropriate, other departments, on matters affecting their own areas of responsibility.
- Communicating with other disciplines within production teams to ensure they are aware of their roles in meeting the programme.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a relevant discipline
- Good practice of construction methods in regards to planning and programming.
- Previous experience with Hong Kong building construction work and site experience would be preferred
- Familiar with statutory submission procedures at various construction stages
- Good computer knowledge and proficient in project-planning applications including Primavera P6 is a must
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Cantonese is necessary
- HKID holder is a must
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Recognised for over 25 years as one of the leading construction consultancies worldwide, our client’s experience enables them to support their portfolio of clients across multiple disciplines from drawing board through to delivery.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive day / monthly rate is available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend