Construction careers don't get better than this exciting new opportunity for Planning Engineers. Our client, a top-tier UK based contractor, is looking to appoint an experienced Planning Engineer to join the incredible planning team on their flagship HS2 project in London, UK. Candidates with BNO looking for UK construction jobs welcome!
You will assist the Senior Planner in developing and monitoring the construction programme, ensuring compliance with the client’s planning standards and HS2 requirements to provide a safe, efficient, and cost-effective programme meeting all required access dates, milestones, and key dates.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the development of the Asset Structure, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), calendars and dates to be used by the client and partners, aligned with the Cost Break Down Structure (CBS) and Employer`s Data Dictionary.
- Help to develop cost and resource loaded construction programmes during Stage One and Stage Two and with their submission in accordance with the required delivery milestones.
- Ensuring the construction programme meets all required access dates, milestones, and key dates in compliance with the Employer’s Planning requirements, contract data and works information.
- Contribute to assessment of programme risks and programme risk analysis, including development and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Interfacing with other functional teams including, but not limited to: BIM Team, design team, estimation, and construction.
- Progress monitoring and regular updating of the construction programme including forecasting of potential problem areas and proposing mitigation measures.
- Cooperation with the Project Controls Manager, Reporting Manager and Change Management in all related construction programme matters.
- Helping to liaise with the client’s construction planning team, stakeholders and with other works packages to communicate the joint venture’s Construction Planning approach and to ensure sharing of best practice, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Pursuing excellence and continuous improvement of the client’s construction planning approach, modification of standard processes and procedures for effective and continuously improvement.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3-4 years of prior experience in planning function in civil engineering projects
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of Asset structures, Planning Standards, WBS and Planning processes in a BIM environment.
- Competence in Primavera P6 and Tilos
- Knowledge of Safety, Environment and Risk Management
- Strong communication skills
- Degree in civil engineering or an appropriate professional qualification
- BNO visa holders welcome
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Civil engineering recruitment continues apace in UK. Our client, one of the top tier construction companies in UK, helps to improve peoples' lives with integrated leading edge smart infrastructure solutions across the UK's energy, water, transportation, and defence markets. They help their clients improve their business performance by increasing their capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising, and delivering increased efficiency. Their vision is to be the UK's leading smart infrastructure solutions company. Perfect option for BNO holders looking for UK construction vacancies!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Company car
- Private healthcare
- London allowance
- 10% pension contributions