Summary of Planning Manager Job Vacancy - Hong Kong
Planners, be ready for this excellent career opportunity!
An international steelworks contractor is now looking for an experienced Planning Manager to join their team in Hong Kong. With expansion in the business operation, the successful applicant will be working on both current and future projects in Hong Kong and Macau.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consults and advises the Project Manager on all issues concerning project controls, programme completion, key dates, milestones, resource requirements, productivity, delays and corrective actions.
- Prepares, monitors and updates the master programme and all associated programmes required by the contract; identifying critical path(s), key dates, milestones and resource requirements.
- Coordinates Designated and Interface Contract programme requirements with the master programme.
- Devises effective combinations and sequences of work activities to achieve planned progress.
- Coordinates with Construction Managers to produce resourced programmes for sub-areas, subcontractors and for discrete elements of the works.
- Devises information collection system and tools to ensure correctness of information for progress monitoring and productivity analysis.
- Records, measures and analyses progress and corresponding productivity.
- When required, investigates and recommends resequencing of works, reallocation of resources or other corrective actions to mitigate delays to the works.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have previous planning experience on construction projects.
- Familiar in the use of planning software such as Primavera 6 and MS Project.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Immediately availability or short notice period will be an advantage.
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Membership with professional association will be an advantage.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a specialist construction and engineering group with a diverse range of services ranging from structural steel fabrication and erection, drafting services, equipment hire, project management, design and construct of facade and structure packages and turn key projects.