Planning Manager (Production & Claims)
Who doesn't want to live in Oman? - Client side Senior Planning Manager- Based in Muscat, Oman
A global blue chip and innovative Project Management and contracts solutions provider is urgently seeking a seasoned Planning Manager to lead a team based in Muscat, Oman.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You ll be based in Muscat and part of the project leadership team
- Prepares, monitors and updates the master programme and all associated programmes required by the contract; identifying critical path(s), key dates, milestones and resource requirements.
- Provide high level strategy and direction on buildability and value engineering on a portfolio of complicated build projects including land mark commercial buildings, high rise towers and residential developments.
- Lead, direct and mentor a team of planners
- Manage the provision of timely and accurate tender analysis, recommendations, development of milestones and targets, progress reports and delay recovery measures.
- Investigate and recommends resequencing of works, reallocation of resources or other corrective actions to mitigate delays to the works.
- Chair and attend meetings with the client and owner and provide information to team members regarding new direction or updated information
- Developing the appropriate systems and procedures to deliver services to client
- Assist the ClaimsTeam in preparing time extension or delay analysis reports
- Consults and advises the Project Manager on all issues concerning project controls, programme completion, key dates, milestones, resource requirements, productivity, delays and corrective actions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant planning, programming and scheduling experience on major multi million ££ projects either in UK or overseas
- Demonstrable track record of bringing major projects in on time and to budget and spec.
- Must have previous planning experience on construction projects.
- Experience in identifying delays and preparing impact or time extension analysis reports
- Familiar in the use of planning software such as Primavera 6 and MS Project.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Degree qualified in civil engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Professional membership with a recognized institution will be an advantage.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the most added value he / she can bring to the table.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a major project management, cost m,management and contracts solutions provider with offices globally. A thriving international construction contracts and services enterprise with a multi service offering and an enviable client list always seeking the very best available talent in the market place and offering the very best available packages and benefits.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A highly attractive all inclusive tax free salary package is available to the right individual.