Plant SupervisorRef MAX8957 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary HK$65K - HK$95K Neg Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 23/06/2020 Status Live
Our client, a blue chip global civil engineering contractor is seeking to appoint a seasoned and highly capable Plant Supervisor with demonstrable experience in managing tunneling plant and equipment for a landmark complex tunneling project in Hong Kong.
The Plant Supervisor oversees tunneling plant and logistics on the Project including ensuring all equipment is safe, compliant, properly used and operational.
You will be based full time on the project site Kowloon side, Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Resource and organize the tunneling plant division
- Manage the project strategy for providing efficient and safe plant & equipment to the construction team.
- This includes an investment plan, source rented equipment, define the process to maintain and check equipment, and define training and accreditation needed to operate each piece of equipment
- Oversee the logistics for delivery and monitoring of plant & equipment, and for the importation, transport to site, and storage of all major components of the project
- Set-up a maintenance team to ensure all equipment on site is fit for purpose at all time.
- Oversee the spare parts stock and procurement.
- Source maintenance suppliers and subcontractors for all type of equipment on site.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technical knowledge in heavy plant and tunnelling equipment
- 10 years’ experience in supervising complex tunneling plant (circa 120 pieces) including Jumbo drilling rigs, loaders, excavators, dump trucks etc.
- Experience in international purchasing and importation of large plant and equipment
- Skilled in team work and people management and development
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise duties
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety initiatives
- Strong proven leadership skills
Employing Company Overview and Profile
- A blue chip Tier 1 global civil engineering contractor with an impressive delivery record of major rail and infra projects is seeking to strengthen its team in Hong Kong on a major tunneling project.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package comprehensive suite of benefits are available for the successful individual.
- Heavy Plant and Equipment Manager Tunneling Auckland, New Zealand - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend