Plant & Transport ManagerRef MAX6168 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Dubai Location Dubai Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 14/02/2020
Summary of Plant & Transport Manager Job Vacancy - Dubai
Our client, a leading contractor in the UAE, is seeking an experienced, driven Plant & Transport Manager. The ideal candidate will run a team of over 500 drivers/operators, and possess technical and commercial expertise to ensure the company maintains a competitive advantage in terms of quality and cost of operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of a team of over 500 drivers, operators and mechanics
- Maximising the performance of the plant; assuring that both the quality of service and the reflective cost incurred by the company are accountable
- Implementing preventative maintenance procedures and ensuring these are enforced by staff
- Full responsibility for all delivery, logistics, maintenance, repair, on / off hire, specifications and plant recommendations; both practically and commercially
- Co-ordinating the activities of all plant staff, on a daily basis and in the longer term
- Responsibility for optimising utilisation of all relevant plant equipment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- International experience (outside of the UK) as either a plant or fleet manager is essential
- Sound knowledge of heavy plant & fleet equipment; 500+ items, including dozers/cranes etc.
- Technical competence with regards to challenges and repair of equipment
- Must possess commercial acumen (profit & loss etc.) and account for the cost incurred during plant activities.
- Strong communication skills; ability to drive team and inform senior management of plant activities
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is one of the largest construction groups operating in the Middle East region with offices located throughout the GCC region. They are a western-ran business and are widely regarded as an excellent employer. The business operates as a multi-discipline main contractor with several divisions including Construction, Civil Engineering and Interiors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary + comprehensive package (inc housing, schooling & transport)
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend