Programme Director - Airport Infrastructure RedevelopmentRef MAX8668 Job Posted 14/03/2019 Region Canada Location Toronto, Ontario Salary to cGBP 100k + 20% Bonus + relocation Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Maxim Recruitment is looking for a dynamic Program Director / Programme Director with exceptional design and construction project management experience to join the civil engineering and infrastructure department at Toronto Airport in an airport infrastructure Programme Management role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join and lead the Infrastructure Redevelopment team working on the whole of a major airport terminal infrastructure redevelopment programme and to make an immediate impact on design and construction projects that will enhance and improve Toronto Pearson Airport.
In this Program Director / Programme Director job role that has a focus on Airport Infrastructure Redevelopment, you will manage the delivery of civil engineering construction projects for a whole airport terminal within schedule and budget. This will include the management and guidance of the design and construction teams right from initial schematic design to final handover of completed airport infrastructure redevelopment projects. As the lead member of the management team, you will support the development of the airport capital plan and both short and long-term business strategy, influence forward-thinking senior management decisions and make a leading contribution to the overall success of the Airport Development Construction team.
In the Program Director / Programme Director of Airport Infrastructure Redevelopment job role, you will be based from the recently refurbished airport development construction team offices at Toronto Pearson Airport, and will manage the delivery of the assigned construction projects within schedule and budget. This will include the management and guidance of the design and construction teams from initial schematic design to final handover of completed road, runway, utilities, bridge and related civil engineering infrastructure related projects.
As a senior member of the management team, you will support the development of the capital plan and both short and long-term business strategy, influence forward-thinking management decisions and contribute to the overall success of the Airport Development and Construction team. The projects within the scope of this Program Director / Programme Director role covering airport infrastructure redevelopment are distinct from other minor airport maintenance and construction works because of their high value, ambitious scope, scale and level of complexity to complete.
Responsibilities and Duties
Airport Program Director / Programme Director Job Duties:
- Deliver assigned projects on time and within established budgets
- Ensure compliance with established project management and safe work processes
- Project delivery: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and closeout of assigned projects
- Maintain strong communication and direct accountability to client groups and broader stakeholders. This shall include close coordination to minimize disruption to daily operations and maintain a high level of passenger experience
- Initiate background studies, reports and design for long term major programs/projects
- Manage assigned project and associated team to provide a high level of customer service within budget and aligned to the airport's strategic direction
- Establish and maintain governance plan for assigned projects
- Direct project design consultant and contractor/construction manager teams through execution of their roles and deliverable
- Due to high level of operational coordination required, a key accountability will be to maintain a high level of customer focus with the client group both on a day-to-day and long-term basis. Strong partnership will be developed and maintained throughout the project
- Develop and lead the program/project management process for all client initiatives to include the process from gathering detailed requirements and scope definition to project close out
- Facilitate turnover of the completed project to the business units
- Provide design, construction and project delivery performance to meet budget and schedule performance expectations
- Provide input into reporting systems for project performance reporting for review by the Executive
- Build positive relationships with Internal Clients such as Aviation Services and/or Terminal & Guest Services, external customers including Government Agencies and Airlines, and key stakeholders in the construction and engineering or architectural industry
- Build, sustain and grow and manage internal project team members providing clear expectations and goals and regular coaching to ensure continuous development
- Model behaviours consistent with corporate values, beliefs and culture
Desired Skills and Experience
- Dedicated major civil engineering and infrastructure experience with organsisations such as BAA at major airports like Heathrow or Gatwick would be ideal
- Experience in a Project Manager or Project Controls capacity would be appropriate for this Program Director role.
- Advanced level project management skills with experience managing large scale design and construction projects
- Knowledge of project monitoring systems including but not limited to, scheduling, cost and change control
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to prepare process documents, policies and project documents (e.g. business case, feasibility study, budget estimates, etc).
- Strong knowledge of design and construction
- Knowledge of consultant and construction related procurement practices and procedures
- Knowledge of related government legislation in the areas of construction, fire codes, building codes, occupational health and safety regulations, etc.
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Exceptional personal drive and motivation
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Problem solving skills to identify, analyze and resolve issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish, foster and maintain relationships with clients, co-workers and others
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of Office Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management software
- Post-secondary degree in architecture, engineering, project management, business or a combination of education and experience
- 12 years + of demonstrated experience managing design and construction projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Successful experience leading multi-year projects and programs with individual projects exceeding CAD$50 million in value and programs exceeding CAD$250 million
- Experience in leading projects with similar complexity, ideally in transportation infrastructure, institutional or commercial buildings
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with a variety of constituent groups and manage a team of internal and external resources
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of people management experience
- Project management certification or accreditation would be an asset
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance and RAIC
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment is excited to be recruiting at Toronto Airport, the leading global hub airport in Canada. The airport has plans to deliver over CAD$2.1 Billion in capital works over the next 5 years and projects and stakeholders working here can offer stability of employment for many years to come.
Applications are welcome from both Canadian and non-Canadian citizens with relevant experience and qualifications as work permits and Canadian residency can be obtained.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
There is likely to be a 20% of salary bonus attached to this position.
- Programme Manager - Airport Infrastructure Redevelopment Toronto, Canada - to GBP 77k + bonus + relocation
- Programme Director, Airport Infrastructure Development Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Programme Director, Airport Building Construction Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Programme Director, Airport Building Refurbishment Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Programme Director, Airport Baggage Handling Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend