Programme Manager of Airport Capital ProjectsRef MAX8596 Job Posted 12/12/2018 Region Canada Location Toronto, Canada Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
This is a unique opportunity to join Toronto Airport's Capital Projects team. In this role, the successful candidate will manage a team of project managers to successfully deliver an assigned portfolio of projects within schedule and budget. This will include the management and guidance of the design and construction teams from initial schematic design to final handover of completed facilities. As a member of the management team, this role will also support the development of the capital plan and both short and long-term business strategy and contribute to the overall success of the Airport Development and Construction team.
The management and guidance of the design and construction teams from initial schematic design to final handover of completed facilities to the primary client group.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage, motivate and support a team of project managers
- Deliver assigned portfolio of projects on time and within established budgets
- Ensure compliance with established project management and safe work processes
- Project delivery: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and closeout of assigned projects
- Maintain strong communication and direct accountability to client groups and broader stakeholders that will include the close coordination to minimise disruption to daily operations and maintain a high level of passenger experience
- Initiate background studies, reports and design for long term major programs/projects
- Manage assigned portfolio of projects and associated team to provide a high level of customer service within budget and aligned to the airport's strategic direction
- Establish and maintain governance and performance reporting for assigned portfolio of projects
- Direct project design consultant and contractor/construction manager teams through execution of their roles and deliverables
- Due to high level of operational coordination required, a key accountability will be to maintain a high level of customer focus with the client group both on a day-to-day and long term basis. Strong partnership will be developed and maintained throughout the project
- Develop and lead the program/project management process for client initiatives to include the process from gathering detailed requirements and scope definition to project close out
- Facilitate turnover of the completed project to the business units
- Provide design, construction and project delivery performance to meet budget and schedule performance expectations
- Provide input into Pearson Information Enterprise Reporting System (PIERS) for project performance reporting for review by the Executive
- Build positive relationships with internal clients such as Aviation Services and/or Customer and Terminal Services, external customers including Government Agencies and airlines, and key stakeholders in the construction and engineering or architectural industry
- Build, sustain and grow and manage internal project team members providing clear expectations and goals and regular coaching to ensure continuous development
- Responsible for being a customer centric Leader with respect to the Mission, Vision, Values and Beliefs
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8 years + of demonstrated experience managing design and construction projects involving multiple stakeholders valued greater than $5.0M.
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience
- Knowledge of project monitoring systems including but not limited to, scheduling, cost and change control
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to prepare process documents, policies and project documents (e.g. business case, feasibility study, budget estimates, etc).
- Knowledge of design and construction
- Knowledge of consultant and construction related procurement practices and procedures
- Knowledge of related government legislation in the areas of construction, fire codes, building codes, occupational health and safety regulations, etc.
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Exceptional personal drive and motivation
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Post-secondary degree in architecture, engineering, project management, business or a combination of education and experience
- Project management certification or accreditation would be an asset
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance and RAIC at the designated level for the position
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment is excited to be recruiting at Toronto Airport, the leading global hub airport in Canada. The airport has plans to deliver over CAD$2.1 Billion in capital works over the next 5 years and projects and stakeholders working here can offer stability of employment for many years to come.
Applications are welcome from non-Canadian citizens with relevant experience and qualifications as work permits and Canadian residency can be obtained.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
There is likely to be a 15% of salary bonus attached to this position.
- Programme Manager - Airport Development Toronto, Canada - to GBP 77k + 15% Bonus
- Programme Manager - Airport Infrastructure Redevelopment Toronto, Canada - to GBP 77k + bonus + relocation
- Programme Director, Airport Infrastructure Development Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Programme Director, Airport Building Construction Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Programme Director, Airport Building Refurbishment Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend