Project Controls Manager
Summary of Project Controls Manager Job Vacancy - London
A Project Controls Manager is required for a leading consultancy, to work on one of London’s most exciting large infrastructure projects - the Thames Tideway Tunnel. You will be responsible for the management of cost, risk, schedule and change functions for a large part of the contract of the project.
The Thames Tideway Tunnel is one of London’s and the UK’s largest and most exciting infrastructure projects to date.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will ensure an integrated schedule is produced to cover cost, scope, risk and change to allow for strong Project Controls.
- The position will involve close liaison with client, senior management, delivery managers, and Tier 1 Contractors.
- Reporting to the Delivery Manager Central, the Project Controls Manager will manage a team of Schedulers, Cost Engineers and Risk and Change professionals.
- Monthly Cost Reporting, Costing Change, Quarterly Re-forecasts, Setting Annual Budgets, and Ad Hoc Cost Reporting as and when required.
- Assist in the management of the performance of the cost control activities to contract scope, cost, schedule and the objectives of the Project.
- Responsible for developing cost work plans based on agreed schedules, including resource and contract packages.
- Manage and maintain budget and forecasts costs and schedules for the Central Main Works contract regularly reporting project status to managers and escalating issues and problems as appropriate
- Develop and deliver regular and ad hoc reports and analysis, reporting project status and issues as required
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with project delivery managers and other internal stakeholders in order to understand and meet individual people and project needs, escalating issues and problems as appropriate
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced in MS Office Suite
- Experience in program controls systems such as Primavera P6, cost management tools such as Ecosys,
- High level of capability in data manipulation tools such as Microsoft Excel
- Technical and practical application of estimating, pricing and costing
- Sound knowledge of project controls, broad knowledge of cost, risk, change, schedule and estimating and specific knowledge in the area of earned value management
- High quality report writing skills
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Construction Cost Engineering, Construction Economics or related field is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a leader in engineering, consulting, design, programme management in construction. They work on pioneering projects of a large and complex nature, on a global scale. They are the forefront of promoting career development, and are renowned for having a good work life balance whilst maintaining the highest levels of professionalism.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a competitive salary and package including healthcare, a pension scheme, and travel allowance.