Project Controls ManagerRef MAX7421 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Oman Location Muscat, Oman Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 14/02/2020
Our client, a specialist EPC contractor, is seeking a Project Controls Manager who will implement the company’s project control systems and procedures and provide support to project control personnel for their operations in Oman.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in project control related duties on large scale EPC or EPCM projects as well as experience in leading and managing a teams
Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct and assure accuracy of project cost, progress, forecast and schedule information being produced, interpret contract obligations from a project controls perspective and provide guidance to the deployed project controls personnel within projects.
- Assist in other areas of project control and support as requested by the Location Project Controls Manager.
- Establish project control and reporting methodology consistent with the company’s Project Management Process and that are applicable to meet project requirements and disseminate requirements to the project controls personnel
- Take ownership of cost control functions for the project and ensure integrity of the data being processed and the quality of reporting being produced
Manage and provide support to the project controls team, including;
- Identifying and managing resources and recruitment of project controls personnel
- Encouraging and developing subordinates, and others, within projects
- Provide advice and guidance to other project personnel as required
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and other project personnel
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between other team members, particularly in regard to cost, scope control, planning and scheduling
Undertake project roles, as required, to include but not limited to:
- Establish project baseline information (Global Business System setup, Work Breakdown Structure codes ,deliverables, cost data, schedule, reporting structure) in appropriate project controls systems
- Interface with project personnel to coordinate data flow from the project team, manage data integrity checks, input data, develop project forecasts and reports, analyse reports, highlight deviations and assist in remedial actions as required
- Liaise with project managers to clarify project control related issues
- Prepare and present project control cost and schedule reports for project management and customer review.
- Prepare other financial analysis as required on an regular/ad-hoc basis for internal project review
- Assist project managers to implement financial controls including controlling authorisations of expenditure and cash flow projections
- Prepare project budgets in conjunction with engineering and construction team members
- Take ownership of the project control function and ensure integrity of the cost and schedule data being processed.
- Liaise with clients to clarify cost related requirements, reporting purposes and issues.
- Work with the whole project team to promote the identification of potential areas of concern or improvement, to maximise cost effectiveness on projects and work practices
- Ensure that Location Finance Manager is kept informed of personal training requirements
- When required, provide ad-hoc project control support / advice to project engineers and management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience at established organizations
- Extensive and hands on knowledge of Primavera
- Fluent in English, oral as well as written
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Patient listener with the ability to stay calm under pressure and in difficult situations
- Professional demeanor that is customer focused
- Well-organized, efficient and self-motivated
- Upbeat and welcoming attitude
- Have a full understanding of project cost, progress, forecast and schedule information being produced,
- Be able to interpret contract obligations from a project controls perspective.
- Understand and manage KPI’s
- Have an in depth knowledge of planning tools, risk management,
- Excellent skills in excel and other relevant software.
- A recognized degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent experience.\
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
- Professional Status
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is the leading provider to the oil industry of innovative enhanced oil recovery systems and equipment. They have secured a major contract in oman and now look to build their delivery team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package available
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend