Project Director - Healthcare
Summary of Project Director - Healthcare Job Vacancy - Qatar
An International project management firm is seeking an experienced Project Director to oversee their healthcare operations in Qatar. With an expanding portfolio in the Middle East, this is a great chance for a senior project management professional to develop their career.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Starting at project initiation, help identify and engage all relevant stakeholders, and develop documents such as project charters and communication plans.
- Review the documentation of other consultants’ submissions and their validation with the client and consultants with respect to the suitability and appropriateness of the content and the adherence to the design intent.
- Oversee the undertaking of a constructability analysis of the design with the other consultants and the client’s team for all project-related components.
- Advise the client and other consultants of any concerns, including any circumstances which may or will have a cost effect and are not taken into account in budgets, estimates, cost plans, cost comparisons, cash flow forecasts and cost reports
- Monitor the performance of the project consultants and all other consultants in respect of the deliverables associated with the agreed project master programme and provide immediate advice to the client in the event their progress may affect the project overall completion date or milestone objectives together with recommended remedial action.
- Formal reporting to the client will consist primarily of the monthly executive report. This report shall address, in as concise a manner as possible, the critical issues affecting the project, and provide recommendations for resolution to the client for its approval.
- Design Meetings - chair and minute design progress meetings to establish the progress of the design and to establish priority of design documentation for procurement purposes. Maintain meetings following contract award to ensure the progress of shop drawing submission and approval meets the requirements of the construction programme
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in managing healthcare projects.
- MENA experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Having worked on LEED projects and having a LEED AP or similar accreditation is a plus
- Strong knowledge of local authority regulations and requirements
- Ability to manage teams of consultants, contractors and suppliers to ensure that the client’s best interests are always preserved and that the project brief is properly translated into the design documents.
- Degree holder in Engineering or equivalent
- PMP accreditation is advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is an international specialist in project management. They are rapidly growing in size with regards to staff and their project portfolio in the Middle East. Great career progression opportunities with a stable employer.