Project Manager Bituminous Paving
A Project Manager with bituminous paving project experience is needed to join a leading international contractor working in Hong Kong.
Ideal candidates will be experienced paving Project Managers and will have had previous experience of paving projects. Construction Project Management experience within the paving sector is highly desirable.
You will be based in HQ in Hung Hom with frequent travel to sites in and around Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall effectiveness of the paving operation through efficient utilization of labour and plant resources.
- Maximizing productivity and minimizing cost through prudent planning.
- Liaison between client and engineering personnel is necessary to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
- Liaison between the site agent and program requirements, resource allocation, and production units for delivery scheduling.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for payment and additional work.
- Project timeline timekeeping should be monitored, and subordinates should be assigned functions.
- Plan, organise, mobilise and manage several construction sites simultaneously
- Prepare comprehensive progress reports, statements and payment certificates as specified
- Set up construction programmes including S-curves, projected cash-flows and resource-forecasts including labour
- Ensure the health and safety of all operations including as related to employees, sub-contractors and the general public
- Planning of the job, in particular mobilization of resources (HR, material, equipment, etc)
- Identify and manage specific contractual, regulatory and technical constraints before start-up
- Management of subcontractors involved, including selection and control
- Control the quality of work against the specifications and the method statements
- Control the budget and program, analyse deviations and propose solutions
- Liaise with the client, affected stakeholders and the Engineer, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Ensure optimum use of plant and equipment
- To ensure that adequate records are kept for the preparation of the monthly accounts
- Strategic thinking, to motivate team, lead by example, abide by company integrity policies, continuous
- To manage, delegate and supervise plant, labour, resources and key personnel to ensure that on-going projects are carried out within the client’s specification and completed within time and budgets
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in Asphalt pavement with not less than 2 years’ experience in supervisor capacity
- Hands on experience in construction and project management
- Experience in dealing with government approvals representatives in a comparable context is desirable
- Experience with FIDIC type contracts and contract management
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Project (or Primavera) and Word
- Degree in Civil / Mechanical Engineering
Employing Company Overview and Profile
One of the market leaders in supplying and laying of bituminous products for the construction industry in Hong Kong
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary, allowances and benefits to be discussed and agreed with suitable candidates.