Responsibilities and Duties
- Be involved in the overall programming and planning of the build and be responsible for the production of interim short-term programmes as necessary;
- In the absence of the Contracts Manager, chair and minute the subcontractors meetings;
Financial Coordination duties include;
- Be responsible for the financial performance of the project in conjunction with the supporting Quantity Surveyor;
- Identify solutions to problems and organise activities to deliver these and the required margin;
Management of materials including;
- Responsibility for the material scheduling and timely submissions of requisitions to the Buying Department;
- Arrange for the hiring of all necessary plant and equipment through the Buying Department in accordance with company procedures;
Management of Staff including;
- Manage all site staff including subcontractors ensuring adequate levels of all staff;
- Control and motivate all staff on the project to obtain the required outputs;
- Ensure that all subcontractors commence work on site in accordance with the programme requirements;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Team Working – Works well with others, builds positive and friendly relationships within and across teams, supporting colleagues when necessary.
- Leadership – Sets direction and manages people effectively to help them perform at their best, motivating and developing them to achieve high performance.
- Client Relations - Behaves professionally in all dealings with clients, work colleagues, suppliers, sub-contractors, tenants and the public showing respect towards others.
- Innovation – Identifies and implements new and innovative ways to do things to achieve better ways of working.
- Problem Solving - Identifies effective ways to solve problems, applying sound and realistic judgement.
- Company Portrayal - Portrays the company image to the best advantage and encourages other employees within the company to do likewise.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.