Project ManagerRef MAX8697 Job Posted 11/04/2019 Region Canada Location Edmonton, Calgary Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
An exciting Associate level Project Manager job in Edmonton, Calgary is available to work for a leading Canadian construction firm. The Project Manager will lead, direct and coordinate the daily management of the assigned projects.
This Project Manager job role is accountable for the overall performance of the project including safety performance, costs, schedule, quality, project status, and adherence to company policies and procedures. In addition, the Project Manager will manage a successful team to develop future construction professionals.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will:
- Provide safety leadership through implementation of the company's Safety Program and monitor the safety performance of the project team and subcontractors.
- Plan, schedule, set objectives and control activities during the construction phase of a project(s) in conjunction with the Project Superintendent and Project Team.
- Supervise and develop the project team members through regular feedback, training and coaching; timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Administer and manage prime contract and subcontracts; includes negotiation and awarding of subcontracts for scopes of work as well as review and evaluation of subcontractor performance.
- Manage project budget and billings and work with accounting to ensure timely payment.
- Review and analyse of costs and identify revenue opportunities.
- Complete monthly and quarterly reporting on financial and overall performance of the project to Senior Management.
- Foster and maintain positive relations and communication with clients, consultants, architects and subcontractors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Progressive experience in General Contracting; direct project management of large projects required.
- 5 or more years of Project Manager experience in civil projects, including concrete, and earthwork required.
- Technical background in civil and/or mechanical engineering or engineering technology preferred.
- Demonstrable leadership, project management and problem-solving skills that support your collaborative approach to delivering results and developing team members.
- Demonstrable competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office and Primavera; experience with the Viewpoint Project Management system will be considered an asset.
- A recognized relevant university degree or diploma is preferred
- Project management qualification is an asset
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This company is a leading general contractor in Canada. Full details provided to short-listed applicants.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend