A Project Manager is needed to work on projects across diverse range of sectors including mainly education and Heritage, alongside commercial, retail, leisure and residential, for public and private clients. Typical work can include conservation, restoration and refurbishment of historic buildings, prestigious high spec residential refurbishments, through to education and retail fit out projects.
This newly created role will suit an ambitious individual who can display a strong team working ethos, sound commercial awareness, and a passion for client satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager will include, but not be limited to day-to-day monitoring, management and reporting of projects.
As Construction Project Manager you will have excellent project management skills, and an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal (project team/sites) and external stakeholders (contractors/consultants) to ensure success.
You’ll be responsible for new build, regeneration, conservation and refurbishment projects for public and private sectors, especially commercial, ecclesiastical, education, leisure and retail from the preparation of feasibility budgets right through to project completion.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of project management, particularly within the education or heritage sector would be an advantage
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Well-organised, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A combination of public and private sector experience would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Having an organised and methodical approach to work
- Excellent client interface skills
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards learning developing your career
- IT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook, Excel and other bespoke software
- RICS Accredited Degree in Project Management or other Construction related field
- Full Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors MRICS status or progress towards becoming Chartered is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer Is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing high quality, comprehensive services including Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Building Surveying, with particularly strong expertise in Education and Heritage sectors, alongside Ecclesiastical, Commercial, Automotive and Retail, Leisure and Residential.
Majority of the client’s work generated through repeat business, as they have an outstanding track record of delivering an outstanding client service.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary negotiable based on previous experience
Package details confirmed with shortlisted candidate