Project ManagerRef MAX8912 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Saikung, Hong Kong Salary Around 1.1M annual Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 03/07/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
Our client, a well established, well respected community orientated yacht club is seeking to appoint an experienced and energetic Project Manager to manage the challenging approvals process and multiple modification and enhancement projects to secure the club's renewal of its Private Recreational Lease. (PRL)
The Project Manager will report to the General Manager and will support the Planning and Works Committee. The PM will be based at the offices of The Yacht Club and will provide regular updates to the GM and/or PWC, and will attend all necessary meetings and site visits with contractors, consultants and the relevant government departments.
There are 23 projects, some essential and some enhancement in order to secure the renewal of the PRL from seawall repairs, marine pile modification to clubhouse extension and modification to ensure regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties
The PM will be accountable for the success or failure of each project. The PM responsibilities include:
- Identifying all pertinent ordinances and regulations and regulatory processes to successfully complete each project.
- Identifying all key stakeholders whose participation and/or cooperation is critical to the success of each project.
- Identifying the client(s) within the Club who will be the user of either part or all of the facility being established under each project.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Coordinating with all stakeholders to ensure that all parties are on track with each project.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to specified quality standards and relevant regulations.
- Overseeing the selection and appointment of properly qualified consultants who provide the best value to the Club.
- Overseeing the preparation of design drawings, specifications, tender documents for each project.
- Overseeing the calling of tenders, the assessment of tenders and the awarding of each contract.
- Supervising the works on each project to ensure safe, regulatory and timely contractual compliance whilst minimising any detrimental environmental impacts.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to the standards in regard to safety, regulatory compliance, and financial control.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analysing and summarising relevant information.
- Facilitating requests for change to ensure that all stakeholders are informed of the impacts on the schedule and budget.
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, SOPs, training materials and other documents necessary to enable successful implementation and turnover of the project to the client.
- Obtaining client acceptance of project deliverables.
- Managing client satisfaction within each project’s transition period.
- Preparing measured answers to any questions raised by stakeholders concerning any project.
- Conducting post-project evaluation at the completion of each project including statement listing opportunities for improvement in the implementation of future projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable candidates are likely to have a minimum of 10 years working experience as a Project Manager
- Experience in building both new build and modifications either with a developer, owner/operator or a contractor
- Track record of working in Hong Kong with relevant authorities.
- Strong communication skills, as well as the ability to visualize issues and communicate them to others.
- Outstanding organization, coordination and leadership skills – ability to coordinate and motivate groups of Consultants / Contractors.
- Ability to work collaboratively and pro-actively in a team environment.
- Ideally a degree in civil engineering , buildings, construction management or equivalent
- Preferred chartered member of professional institution eg HKIE, MICE
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client , a well respected yacht club established for over 50 years and renowned for its welcoming approach to members and non members alike.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary is available for the successful candidate together with benefits including health cover and temporary club access.
- Project Manager Central London - £40K
- Project Manager Cambridge - to £60K
- Project Manager Mereworth, Kent - Negotiable
- Program Manager - Airport Infrastructure Redevelopment Toronto, Canada - to GBP 77k + bonus + relocation
- Project Manager Cambridge - Negotiable
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend