An amazing opportunity for a Project Manager to join a premium building contractor in Surrey, British Columbia. This reputable employer is able to offer great benefits package, as well as opportunity for growth within the company.
The responsibility for this Project Manager role is to monitor and manage project budget, minimize project costs through various inventive methods and regular financial reporting to management.
Project portfolio includes construction of financial institutions, restaurants, offices and retail spaces, between $2M-$15M, and/or base building new construction projects up to $15M.
Successful Candidate will be based at Surrey Office, but employers offer remote and flexible working arrangements. Project Manager for this role has to be willing to travel to various sites across Alberta & Saskatchewan for site meetings, visits, interface etc.
A competitive salary package is on offer commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of Project Manager will be to:
- Issue contracts, requesting insurance and bonds, WCB notices.
- Use Timberline and Microsoft software to manage labour, materials, and equipment, cost coding, submittals, schedules, meeting minutes, change orders, etc.
- Manage construction subtrades and suppliers, and mitigate issues that may arise in the course of a project
- Work in partnership with Site Superintendent to deliver a high quality finished product while managing the schedule and budget
- Being client facing - meeting with architects, consultants, and clients to manage project issues and maintain positive working relationships
- Continuous monitoring and management of project budget, ability to minimize project costs t
- Preparation of monthly progress claims, review and approval of subtrade and supplier invoices.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Project Manager Candidate will have:
- 5-10 years' experience in the commercial construction field, preferably in a Project Management or Site Superintendent capacity
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of construction and processes involved in construction, such as sequencing
- Great team player, as well as ability to work independently
- Client service orientation, able to build and maintain solid relationships with vendors and clients
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to organise and prioritise work - track schedules, change orders, field reports, weekly progress reports
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject is strongly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is medium sized premium building contractor offering construction management services. Their core business is commercial construction of financial institutions, restaurants, offices and retail spaces. They pride themselves on delivering outstanding services to their repeat clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic salary $85-115K negotiable based on experience
- Remote and flexible working arrangements