A Project Manager is required to take responsibility with leading, delivering, and managing construction and infrastructure projects for new and existing clients with a reputable consultancy firm in Toronto, Ontario. Applications are welcome from high calibre, experienced project management candidates with project management experience currently in Canada or who have the right to work in Canada.
A Project Manager job to provide a technical expertise in all aspects of project delivery and management, including procurement, cost and schedule development, commercial and technical risk analysis. The role will require the candidate to deliver projects from initial planning stages to the final close within the P3 Infrastructure sector, whilst developing relationships with new and existing clients, under the direction of the Project Director and Senior Project Planner.
You may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion and handle a range of complicated situations to successful conclusion.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Electrical Cost Consultant role will focus on providing comprehensive project management throughout the design, construction, commissioning, and completion of each project undertook. It will also require an ability to work with and manage junior project management staff working on the core service deliverables of:
- Coordinating the technical design review of large P3 projects, reviewing each technical aspect including but not limited to highway design, environmental reports, traffic, and drainage management reports and site plans.
- Ensuring the Technical Advisor team efforts are focused on delivering a high-quality service to clients to secure repeat business and referrals.
- Leading and assisting with the assessment of client requirements to effectively build long term client relationships.
- Working with management to support the implementation of strategies that contribute to the generation of revenue, profitability, and business development.
- Providing support and mentoring to junior members of staff in a supervisory capacity.
- Reviewing and assessing technical solutions for improvements on assigned projects.
- Develop a framework which offers clients clear guidance and recommendations.
- Consulting with engineering staff on development related issues, as well as liaising with external agencies, municipalities, developers and their consultants.
The Project Manager will also assist with:
- Developing and managing business plans as well as budgets
- Analysing financial risk in development plans
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable project management candidates will come from a Professional Project Manager, or similar, background. They will be able to demonstrate 6-8 years of experience in P3 Technical Advisory Services – such as transit, roads, highways, and railroads. Knowledge of project delivery in Canada is essential, whilst experience with Excel, AutoCAD, or P6 software is desired.
Applicants that have a relevant construction degree such as Civil, Structural, Electrical or Mechanical engineering will be of the greatest interest.
Professional Engineer Designation required.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This premium consultancy provides cost consultancy, estimating, engineering, and project management services to the global construction industry. They are based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Full details of this exceptional employer and the fantastic long term career prospects will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.