Project Managers with 3+ years’ experience of owner’s engineer and civils infrastructure work are needed in the Vancouver region for jobs on large scale infrastructure work valued at $Billions of Canadian Dollars
Project Managers with at least 3 or more years’ experience of owner’s engineer and civils infrastructure work are needed in the Vancouver region to join a number of large-scale infrastructure construction projects valued at $Billions of Canadian Dollars
Engineering design, costing and construction project management skills are needed to contribute significantly to large-scale complex infrastructure projects including highway, bridge, tunnel and rail projects.
In particular, owner engineer / resident engineer Project Management skills are required to manage the construction design, bid and build process speedily, efficiently and cost-effectively.
Construction work is to be divided into pragmatic sections of work that can be built quickly and efficiently through engaging medium-sized local construction companies that know the terrain and the complications involved and have the construction experience and expertise to tackle these complex infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Project Manager job role is to take on the owner’s engineer job responsibilities and to efficiently project manage the assigned projects through the design, bid & build process.
As the owners’ engineer Project Manager, you will report directly to the project owners, and be able to report on technical matters, progress, time, cost, contracts and risk matters.
Project Management job duties for this important job role will include the responsibility to:
- Inspect and advise and progress the most suitable designs for each part of each project
- Manage the bidding, tendering and contract award process
- Manage the construction project schedule & multiple project schedules concurrently
- Supervise the contractor’s performance and allocation of necessary resources to be able to perform to the time, cost and quality constraints that have been agreed
Desired Skills and Experience
The best Project Management job candidates for this exciting and challenging Project Management job role will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar owner’s engineer Project Management job role
- Experience with highway, bridge and civil engineering infrastructure projects in Canada, ideally within British Columbia or the Greater Vancouver area itself
- Experience in successfully managing and adding value to the design, bid & build process for highway, bridge, transportation or civil engineering projects
- Experience in successfully managing both client and contractor expectations and their needs, and ensuring that major highway or civil infrastructure projects are completed successfully
- Experience in holding contractors to their contractual obligations and project quality, time and cost specifications
- A good understanding of the design process for transportation infrastructure is needed
- Previous experience working for an Engineering Consulting firm is expected
- Previous experience with managing on-site inspection/construction & with this oversight experience
- Candidates with a civil engineering degree or equivalent are desired.
- An understanding of structural civils is highly desirable
- PEng qualification is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This civil engineering employer is a highly regarded project delivery, engineering, risk management and project management consultancy based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
With a focus on civil engineering infrastructure projects, they have built an excellent reputation in Vancouver and British Columbia and have a forward order book of confirmed work on a range of infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering, and rail projects in the Vancouver and British Columbia region.
A full client employer profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary of up to $130,000 based on experience / negotiable for the right applicant
- Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks vacation in addition to statutory holidays
- Full healthcare package