Project Manager RailRef MAX9047 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Other Asia Location Hong Kong based initially then relocate to Yangon, Myanmar Salary HK$130K ++ Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 01/12/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
Civil engineering recruitment continues a pace as our client, a highly regarded Japanese contractor is about to be awarded a major rail enhancement project in Myanmar. They are looking to appoint a Project Manager to lead the delivery, initially based in Hong Kong, then relocate to Yangon, Myanmar mid 2021.
Currently, rail projects account for one of the largest construction industry sectors globally. This gem of a project involves the double tracking of an existing major transport artery through Myanmar involving civil works, bridge construction and trackwork. You will be based initially in the contractor's office in Hong Kong then relocate to the project in Myanmar mid 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise and manage a technical and commercial project team
- Develop and implement project management structure and plan, cost plan.
- Monitor the performance of the design team and consultants.
- Tender evaluation and recommendation preparation when appointing sub contractors.
- Maximise the performance of the workforce; through strong, influential leadership
- Monitor and report project progression, as well as resolve planning and technical issues.
- General supervision of all H&S, quality control and construction activities on site
- Identify risk and develop strategies for mitigating actions
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Min 20 years relevant experience in major rail projects and civil works including bridges
- Proactive and logical thinker and team leader within a multi-lingual project team with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, mature with good problem-solving skills.
- Ideally a Permanent HKID holder
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Relevant working experience in Asia.
- Working knowledge of international procurement methods (Design, D&B).
- Working experience of international conditions of contracts.
- Degree in Civil Engineering/Building or similar relevant qualification.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A Japanese joint venture consortium embarking on a major rail project in Myanmar. One of the most exciting contruction jobs abroad we have on our books at this time!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary package is available for outstanding candidates
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend