Responsibilities and Duties
- To take responsibility for all commercial and contractual aspects of a major building project in Hong Kong
- To efficiently manage the project contract (in English).
- To efficiently manage the subcontractors and subcontract documentation (in Chinese)
- In addition, handle budgeting, forecasting, monthly forecasting, payments, issuing instructions to subcontractors.
- As this is a local Hong Kong contractor, there are not onerous reporting systems and compliance procedures to be adhered to, leading to the duties of the job being much more satisfying to the employee.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of commercial and contractual aspects of a major building project in Hong Kong
- Demonstrable ability and experience of managing the project contract (in English).
- Experience in handling the subcontractors and subcontract documentation (in Chinese)
- Experience of handling budgeting, forecasting, monthly forecasting, payments and the issuing of instructions to subcontractors.
- It is thought that around 4-7 years experience in a directly relevant role would be appropriate for this position
Employing Company Overview and Profile
To take major Hong Kong building projects from pile cap stage to completion and handover to client, having completed the superstructure, ABWF works and back of house finishes on time & within budget. projects to include a range of commercial and residential projects of a medium and high rise nature. Values can range up to and exceeding $1BN Hong Kong Dollars.
A major local Hong Kong contractor with long established track record of building prestigious building projects in the commercial, retail and residential sectors all around Hong Kong. In the current construction boom, they are prepared to pay the highest level of salary for good quality candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- to c$40,000+ x 13 months
- 1 Month retention bonus