Project Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Project Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Central London
A Project Quantity Surveyor is required to join a Top Tier contractor to be site based in London, to be responsible for seeing through new civil engineering projects at circa £13m in value. You will be fully responsible for your respective site around Central London and move onto large value projects with the company in the future, with scope to work on some of the largest and most prestigious projects in London in the near future.
The projects are circa £13m - £20m in value, and are new build civil engineering “shafts” being built into the ground, with full M&E works to be installed also.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Advising on contractual matters as Quantity Surveyor.
- Management and control of contract costs and preparation of budgets.
- Interim applications for payment, measurement and the valuation of variations and negotiations relating to the final account with client.
- Commercial administration of subcontracts through to settlement of final accounts.
- Cost control, management and comparisons against budget and allowances.
- Providing advice to the project team on costs, contractual matters and commercial strategies.
- Financial reporting in terms of cost, value cash and time.
- Contractual correspondence including preparation of claims as necessary.
- Upholding and enforcing compliance with company systems and best practice.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the civil engineering/infrastructure sectors.
- Should demonstrate good understanding of the main civil engineering forms of contract
- Highly IT literate with good to advanced skill levels for MS Excel.
- Be numerate with excellent commercial acumen.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or similar, though not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a Top Tier Main Contractor in the civil engineering and infrastructure sectors. They are a market leader in construction and have worked on some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects in the UK and overseas.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- The company offer a generous benefits package.