Project Quantity Surveyor
A Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a leading UK main contractor operating in the built environment and based out of their Derbyshire Office. The successful candidate will work for a highly reputable main contractor working on projects in the region of circa £5m - £30m in value. To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to operate as a commercial lead on projects in up to circa £10m.
All Projects will be delivered on a Design & Build basis and exclusively within the built environment. Typical values of projects will range from £5m - £30m and largely be based in the East Midlands area. On occasions this business unit will take on projects outside of the East Midlands region, as far afield as London. Quantity Surveyors assigned to these projects will be expected to travel to the site one day a week.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your duties may vary dependant on whether you are running a project or working in a supportng role on one of the companies largest projects. However, typical duties will include:
• Reviewing design, contract and cost plan allowances
• Attend design team meetings
• Attend and contribute to regular client project meetings
• Preparing Bill of Quantities from drawings and specification from groundwork to finishes
• Preparing and submitting tender packages
• Compiling of sub-contract orders
• Carrying out site measures and valuations against subcontractor applications, including issues of payment and withholding notices.
• Preparation of client applications and variation accounts
• Preparation and maintenance of procurement schedule and warranty tracker
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage projects / packages of work valued at circa £10m or above
- Previous experience with a reputable main contractor on projects within the built environment
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate clear and stable career progression within their CV
- Ideally have experience on Design & Build projects
- Candidates must be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification (Ideally graded 2:1 or above)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly respected main contractor with a turnover in excess of £750m. The specific office that you will work within turns over in excess of £120m and has been steadily growing for many years. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for a secure, established main contractor working on large scale, design & build projects within the built environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £50k (Depending on Experience)
Car / car allowance