Project Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Project Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Essex
A fantastic Project Quantity Surveyor job based in Essex working on a range of exciting and innovative civil engineering projects in the region. You will be part of an established QS team offering cost and contractual support. Great work environment and career opportunities await!
To be based from the national head office in Essex but be able to visit sites in Suffolk, Essex and Kent as required.
Projects include a range of civil engineering construction projects relating to road, transport and renewable energy civil engineering works.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting with tender preparation including take off / measurement / risk analysis and advising on contractual matters.
- Management and control of contract costs and preparation of budgets.
- Interim applications for payment, measurement and the valuation of variations and negotiations relating to the final account with clients.
- Commercial administration of subcontracts from enquiry stage through interim payments to negotiations and settlement of final accounts.
- Cost control, management and comparisons against budget and allowances.
- Providing advice to the project team on costs, contractual matters and commercial strategies.
- Financial reporting in terms of cost, value cash and time.
- General management including the supervising of staff as necessary.
- Contractual correspondence including preparation of claims as necessary.
- Upholding and enforcing compliance with company systems and best practice.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to demonstrate good understanding of the main civil engineering forms of contract such as ICC and NEC.
- Highly IT literate with good to advanced skill levels for MS Excel.
- Be numerate with excellent commercial acumen.
- Experienced in tender preparation and giving contractual advice
- Proven experience in the management of costs and budgets
- Experience with valuations, variations and final accounts
- Proven QS team management experience is highly desirable but not essential
- A Good standard of written English
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc or higher) in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or similar.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major UK civil engineering contractor with a strong track record of stability and staff retention.
They cover a range of civil engineering projects from medium sized earthworks to major road and bridge projects across the UK.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous above market rate salary
- Car or car allowance
- Medical & Healthcare often provided also