Project Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- To manage commercial aspects of allocated projects in accordance with company procedure
- To liaise and collaborate with the construction and design teams in all aspects of contractual activities.
- Take ownership for maximising commercial results for allocated projects.
- To represent and serve the best interests of the company to meet client expectations and encourage repeat business.
- You will ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- You will prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
- You will manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
- You will manage the resolution of disputes above an agreed level
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor working for a reputable main contractor
- You will have Strong commercial awareness.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail and produce accurate work.
- You will be able to communicate information and ideas proactively and confidentially in a way which is received positively, both verbally and in writing.
- You will share knowledge with others.
- You will manages time effectively
- Degree or other technical qualification is desired
- Membership to a professional body such as the MRICS or MCIOB would be an advantage but not essential for the ideal candidate
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.