Project Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be site based, reporting to the Commerical Manager. You will be responsible for procuring subcontractor works packages within budget, and manage the subcontracts accordingly.
- In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
- Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
- Ensure that each sub-contractor’s account is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions
- Assist the Project Management team member(s) in arranging and undertaking project reviews and issue of associated reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong contractual knowledge and understanding of civil engineering
- Experience of ICE, NEC and FIDIC Forms of Contract, including D and B contracts
- Experience of general civil engineering projects involving major earthworks
- The ability to prepare and submit interim applications and final accounts
- Manage subcontractor accounts and prepare CV quotations/ Vaule variations.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
As a multi-disciplined construction company, The company has the capability to undertake a wide range of civil engineering works in the role of design and build contractor, main contractor, sub contractor, or as a developer or development partner.