Project Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8169 Job Posted 15/01/2018 Region London Location South West London Salary £40k-£55k + Car + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An exciting opportunity exists for a Quantity Surveyor capable of managing projects between £2m - £10m. You will join a leading London based Refurbishment Contractor, boasting a prestigious list of clients. The successful candidate will join a highly respected contractor who specialise in completing large scale and complex refurbishment projects in the London area. Projects you would be involved on span the breadth of the built environment allowing you to gain a wealth of experience on across varied project sectors.
Projects will typically be large scale and complex refurbishment projects based in Central London. Typical value of recent projects has been between £2m - £10m and they boast as prestigious client list which includes the Crown Estate. Larger projects they are involved on often include complex structural works, building services design & installation as well as luxury, high end finishes. Their projects span across a number of sectors including Education, Commercial and Heritage projects, with several properties even being done on listed buildings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Procurement of materials and sub-contractors
- Attending client meetings
- Contract Administration
- Preparing bills of quantities
- Managing sub-contractors
- Writing reports
- Managing variations
- Work closely with operation staff such as Project Manager and Operational Staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will need to demonstrate experience of autonomously managing sizable projects or packages of work
- Previous experience of working on refurbishment projects is highly desirable, however candidates with a main contracting background in new build projects will still be considered also.
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor should have been spent predominantly with a reputable contractor or sub contractor (rather than a consultancy)
- Exposure to M&E, Interiors, structural refurbishment work would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Ability to mentor and support junior members of staff (where applicable on your projects)
A Degree or similar alternative qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a specialist Refurbishment Contractor based in Central London. They work on high value, complex refurbishment projects in the London area and boast a prestigious list of clients. Therefore, they can offer candidates the opportunity to work on luxury, high end projects in popular London locations.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary will be dependent on experience, however a suitable range would be £40k - £55k
+ Car or Car Allowance
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor South West London - £30k - £37k + Car + Benefits
- Project Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £38k - £53k + Car + Benefits
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Reading, Berkshire - £25k - £35k + Car + Bens
- Quantity Surveyor North West London - to cGBP45,000
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Carlisle, Cumbria - to GBP32,000
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend