Our Vancouver, BC-based client is looking for an experienced Project Scheduler to join its ranks. With projects ranging from $50M to a whopping $4B throughout British Columbia and beyond, you'll be part of the multidisciplinary unit responsible developing state-of-the art project schedules; conducting constructability reviews and undertaking risk assessments.
A Project Scheduler with construction industry infrastructure experience is required to join a premium team in Vancouver, BC to work on infrastructure projects ranging from $50M to $4B in value.
Based from downtown Vancouver (& WFH for a few days a week also), you will be exposed to an array of premium major projects working as a part of a multidisciplinary client team of Estimators and Project Managers.
As Project Scheduler, in summary, you will have responsibility for developing, maintaining and analysing project schedules, performing constructability reviews and supporting risk assessments. Senior Project Engineer experience may be suitable for this role.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Project Scheduler job duties in detail will include:
- Working on multiple large scale heavy civil and infrastructure projects concurrently often at different stages of award and progress on site
- Developing and maintaining both executive and detailed schedules using Primavera P6 and/or MS Project
- Able to create master schedules by integrating different schedules from other parties such as contractors and/or consultants
- Have responsibility for creating “what-if scenarios” and perform delay analyses
- Provide regular schedule updates, including 6-week Lookaheads suited to specific audiences
- Use Earned Value for tracking project performance
- Write technical memorandums and/or reports as required
- Support Quantitative Risk Assessments and Quantitative Schedule Risk Assessments
- Participate in the creation and update of Risk Registers
- Participate in internal and external workshops such as relating to schedule and constructability schedules
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
For this role, Project Schedulers will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and you must be comfortable communicating virtually or in-person with the client and other stakeholders in a consultancy focused environment.
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable Project Scheduler candidates will have:
- Around 5 years + of core experience in heavy civil and infrastructure construction in a planning / scheduling capacity
- A minimum 5 years of experience in heavy civil and infrastructure project work
- Experience of using the Critical Path Method
- Be able to proficiently interpret construction drawings, specifications and reports relating to multiple disciplines including but not limited to Geotechnical, Environmental, Archaeology etc
- Have experience of working efficiently in a team environment including with Estimators and Project Managers
- Experienced in handling multiple projects while prioritizing critical submissions
- Experienced and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Project Scheduler candidates must have a strong constructability background and will understand how different construction methods can impact the schedule and cost estimate in different ways. They must also be able to extrapolate consequences and be able to give recommendations for action based on evidence and experience.
As a Project Scheduler, you must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of Primavera P6 PPM and MS Project and be able to create master schedules by integrating different schedules from other parties such as contractors and/or consultants.
Senior Project Engineer candidates with suitable planning and scheduling experience are likely to be suitable for this role along with Project Managers with planning experience and of course Planning Engineer and Scheduling Engineer experienced candidates also.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar is required
- P.Eng achieved or in progress is highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This civil engineering employer is a highly regarded project delivery, engineering, risk management and project management consultancy based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
With a focus on civil engineering infrastructure projects, they have built an excellent reputation in Vancouver and British Columbia and have a forward order book of confirmed work on a range of major and mega infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering, and rail projects in the Vancouver and British Columbia region.
A full client employer profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The job schedule consists of a standard Monday to Friday work week and will require the successful candidate to work in the office in downtown Vancouver a minimum of 3 days/week.
- Generous salary based on experience
- Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks vacation in addition to statutory holidays
- Full healthcare package