QS EstimatorRef MAX9162 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Australia and NZ Location Sydney or Melbourne, Australia Salary AUD125K- AUD175K / yr Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 02/06/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
Australian infrastructure projects are booming and civil engineering recruitment continues at pace. Our client is a tier one Australian civil engineering contractor operating across New South Wales and Victoria. They are seeking to appoint an experienced QS Cost Estimator with infrastructure, roads, tunnelling experience and Australian PR or Australian citizenship to join their pre-contracts team, based in Sydney or Melbourne.
You will be based full time in the client’s regional headquarters in Sydney or Melbourne. This is an exciting career opportunity for an Estimator to be able to use their own initiative to add value and innovation to the estimating, tendering, programming and sequencing process of heavy civil engineering infrastructure project construction.
Responsibilities and Duties
The QS Cost Estimator job duties will include:
- Building up project costs from concept designs, preliminary design drawings, schedules and programs adopting your on the job construction experience in parallel with your theoretical knowledge.
- Building up estimates from first principles
- Using Excel at a high level to reflect bespoke ways of pricing and interrogating the estimating and construction process
- Identifying and evaluating project risks
- Working as an integral part of a team comprising commercial and contracts staff, designers, planners and specialist advisors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-10 years of contractor side cost estimating experience gained on major infrastructure projects like roads, tunnels, bridges and transportation projects
- Demonstrating a good technical knowledge of engineering issues and their impact on the estimating, pricing, costing and construction buildability and sequencing process
- Able to evaluate project programme requirements and to recommend and develop methods of construction and suitable techniques to enable cost efficient bidding to be completed
- Experience with mechanical and electrical cost estimating is desirable.
- Experience of HSS, HeavyBid, Bid2Win or other comparable construction sector pricing software
- Commercial management experience would be beneficial
- Experienced in working in a team environment with the confidence to self manage on a daily basis with support from company Directors.
- Hands on experience of using HSS, HeavyBid, Bid2Win or other comparable construction sector pricing software is expected
- A relevant degree is required.
- Australian Citizenship or the current right to work in Australia is essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a highly regarded civil infrastructure main contractor operating nationally throughout Australia and internationally. They benefit from having an excellent reputation and forward order book of confirmed work on a range of infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering, road, highway, bridge and transportation projects in Australia and continuously tendering to increase their market share.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous salary based on candidate experience
- Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks vacation in addition to statutory holidays
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend