Quality Control Inspector
A Quality Control Inspector or Senior Clerk of Works with detailed knowledge and experience in fire control measures and Building Regulations is needed to inspect affordable housing developments in the Surrey or South West London region.
Applications from Chartered Members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate ICWIC are highly welcome.
A Quality Control Inspector job to cover the South West London area and suitable candidates for this exciting job will ideally live within the South West London and Surrey area.
The projects will be mostly affordable housing developments.
Previous experience as a Quality Technical Inspector, Clerk of Works, Building Inspector, Site Manager are relevant backgrounds for this professional Clerk of Works job role.
Detailed knowledge and experience in Fire control measures, Building Regulations, British Standards requirements and compliance is preferred.
The successful candidate must hold a full, clean driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of a Quality Technical Inspector or Senior Clerk of Works will include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing buildings works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Making sure assurance requirements are met based on regulatory compliance and the employer’s requirements.
- Complete inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- You will keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance.
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of the building and housing industry, have a basic technical and construction awareness and competence, and be able to show a good working knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements.
- You will have to prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in timely way.
- You will organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in affordable housing development is preferable and detailed knowledge and experience in fire control measures and Building Regulations and British Standards requirements and compliance
- Knowledgeable construction professional with experience in a similar role previously. This could include Clerk or Works, Quality Control Inspector, Building Control Warranty Inspector and Site Manager
- Previous experience of inspecting residential projects
- Good knowledge or building regulations and the ability to read construction drawings
- IT literate is essential, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- Report writing skills
- A driving license required.
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- Other designations such CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE will also be considered
- A formal qualification in construction, engineering or project management would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is an interdisciplinary construction consultancy offering any combination of Quantity Surveying, Architectural, Building Surveying, Project Management, and Quality Control Inspection services.
They provide modern services, in the residential and regeneration/mixed use sectors for registered providers, local authorities and house builders. The company offers a friendly, vibrant and inspiring work environment where people are encouraged to share their skills and expertise. The staff are invested throughout their careers to develop some of the best talent in the industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £45 - £55k Basic Salary (Negotiable dependent upon experience)
- Further benefits – confirmed with suitable candidates