Quality ManagerRef MAX8878 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Africa Location Eastern Cape Salary USD 5-7K/m net + Living Costs Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 12/02/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
Our client is seeking to appoint an experienced contractor side Quality Manager to manage the on site delivery of a major cable-stayed bridge under construction in the Eastern Cape of South Africa and set to become the longest span cable stayed bridge on the African continent. Blasting and excavation has commenced.
You will be based on site full time in a beautiful but remote location with abundant natural resources and local amenities with a generous leave cycle. The project is targeted to complete in 36 months.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the project team & Sub Contractors to establish, submit & gain approval of the Project -Quality Plan (PQP) & the Site Inspection & Test Plan (SITP).
- Ensure that the Project team members are fully briefed on what their responsibilities are under the PQP & SITP.
- Ensure that the FITP (Factory Inspection & Test Plan) is properly prepared (by the factory) & in accordance with the Project specifications, Group policy & -Government Regulations.
- Ensure that the project and design teams are in full alignment with regards to quality & ISO documentation.
- Participate (as required) in project kick-off meeting, internal project meetings, design reviews, project reviews for compliance of design & specifications, make/transport/ install-ability, cost development, program, resources, mock-ups, samples, tests, approvals, etc.
- Maintain quality related records such as Site inspections, Site tests, NCR’s (Non-Conformance Reports), CAR’s (Corrective Action reports) etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10 years’ of relevant QA/QC management experience.
- Experience in major civil infrastructure projects / bridges is mandatory
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Knowledge in using programs / tools like Total Contract Management tools (TCM) for time and budget planning & review and constant control and documentation of it
- Ability to understand design, production & installation procedures.
- Solid knowledge of ISO9001.
- Degree in Building Engineering & Management / Quality Assurance Management or equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a well respected Portuguese contractor with a wealth of experience in complicated bridge construction in demanding global locations
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary, housing, transportation, flights, medical and bonus.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend