Quantity Surveyor - All Levels
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take a lead role in a team of Quantity Surveyors working on site
- Work on site through to project completion including final account & claims.
- Undertake site quantity surveying functions.
- Check all contract arrangements to and from the client and any sub-contractors.
- Supervise the pricing of major variations and extra works & follow through to the receipt of payment
- Draft appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement
- Help prepare commercial reports for presentation to senior commercial figures
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team working with senior staff where necessary
- Assist with collation and preparation of claims if required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong experience working for a Main Contractor in Hong Kong
- Specific Civil Engineering/Tunnelling project experience is a definite advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English and Cantonese
- Degree Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- MRICS, MHKIS or similar professional membership is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a major international contractor who has a strong background in Hong Kong. You will be working on a recently awarded high value project with a strong emphasis towards Civil Engineering/Tunnelling works. This is an excellent opportunity to gain project experience on a landmark construction project in Hong Kong. Full details will be disclosed to successful applicants.