Quantity Surveyor , Estimator
Summary of Quantity Surveyor / Estimator Job Vacancy - North Derby
A Quantity Surveyor or Estimator is required to join a leading regional main contractor in their Derbyshire office, just north of Derby city. You will be responsible for Bills of Quantities (BOQ’s) in the tender stage of new build projects that will vary in value from £5m to £50m.
- Projects will predominantly be in the new build sector with values ranging from £5m - £50m.
Responsibilities and Duties
In the first instance, your main function will involve being responsible for Bills of Quantities in the tender stage of various new build projects ranging from £5m - £50m, however you will also be required to undergo other standard Quantity Surveying duties as requested with scope to progress into a more senior position in the future within the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Main Contracting or Consultancy Experience is considered for this role
- Experience working with costs in the tender stage of new build projects is preferred, but a good knowledge of Quantity Surveying in the building sector in general is looked upon favourably
- Some post qualification experience is essential to be able to work independently within a short timescale of starting
- A relevant Quantity Surveying or Construction Management type qualification is desired, however experience is more important for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a leading regional main contractor in the Midlands regions, that work on various new build and refurbishment projects up to £50m and higher in some cases. They operate a turnover exceeding £650m and provide fantastic training for their employees, with career progression a priority.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- The company offer a competitive salary and package.