Responsibilities and Duties
You will be reporting into the Managing Surveyor and Project Manager. You will need to be able to work on multiple projects and be able to lead and drive the QS process and needs to a demanding schedule.
- Review the main contract and scope of works and buy packages back to back.
- Provide support for the procurement of small, less risk packages dealt with directly by Site Engineers
- Ensure relevance and pertinence of subcontract content – in particular scope of works, Bills of Quantities and specific conditions.
- Manage or assist in the Contractual Management of awarded subcontracts up to Final Account.
- Manage or assist in the management of Subcontractors’ payments
- Assist the Contracts Manager/Managing Surveyor in educating Site Engineers to the companies D&B Subcontract obligations as well as other types of contract/subcontracts where applicable.
- Educate Site Engineers regarding tender process & subcontract preparation as well as the subcontract management.
Main Contract Management
- Management of the Main Contract
- Preparation of Main Contract monthly valuation and agreeing with client representative in line with the Main Contract specifics
- Pricing of variation orders and agreeing same with the client for implementation.
- Preparation or assist in the preparation of all contractual letters, notices
Project Financial Reporting
- Preparation of budget and Cost Planning and budgetary control.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of Monthly Budget Review.
- Understanding and taking ownership of the project risks and opportunities.
- Taking ownership for optimum cost control, cash and contractual management.
- Ensure contractual documents, final accounts statements, collateral warranties, warranties, insurance claims, general claims and Post Completion information are uploaded to Post Completion server.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate must have excellent skills in tendering packages in particular, ensuring that packages are procured fully compliant and closing all avenues for variations.
- Quantity Surveying Qualification
- RICS/CIOB chartership
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.